Monday, June 6, 2011

How can I change my HP Pavilion Slimline with Vista to XP?

Vista is *****, how can i change it to XP?How can I change my HP Pavilion Slimline with Vista to XP?
Read:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,228How can I change my HP Pavilion Slimline with Vista to XP?
You would need to first find out if your computer manufacturer has XP drivers for your computer model.



If so, you can use a XP install CD to install XP onto it and when you have everything configured and installed, you can load the drivers from a USB or any other device.



If there is no way to go to XP, you can always go to Windows 7 which is a tweaked version of Vista: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows
First Back up all of your files / I would recommend , (cloning to an external HD) Then search out all of the HP Pavilion Slimline Model drivers for Windows XP.



Unless you have extensive PC experience, I would not recommend that you do it yourself.



My computer was a 1 month old IBM Lenovo Desktop.

320GB HD and 2GB Ram / K210 Celeron. Jan. 2009



I tried, and Vista would just not allow it. I ended up with a blank computer, and had to buy a new Windows XP OS, plus install fees, to a total of about $200.00



But like you, I couldn't live with Vista / I now have a wonderful Windows XP.
That is not a safe idea ... first off ... most manufacturers only use Vista Compatible hardware in these machines. Linux may work depending on what distro you get. Otherwise just stick with Vista it's not that bad. Like if you have the Realtek HD Audio Sound on your Vista machine, then you WILL NOT have sound for XP, because XP does not support the HD Audio. Secondly all those fancy pause, play, and skip buttons that most new PC laptops have are configured to work with the drivers for your laptop and most do not have drivers for XP. So basically just stick with Vista. I kind of like it better than boring old XP anyways (even though I'm now using XP.) I have never came across any issues of any type with Vista.

No comments:

Post a Comment