Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Formating and Changing XP from HD?

Hi folks.

Let see i I can make myself clear:

I have two Hard Drives (C and D).

XP and all my programs are in D: and The files are in C:

C: got corrupted with some viruses so I decided to clean everything up from my computer by formatting.I would go first by C: and then to D:

But I cant format C:, it won't let me,it goes until 99% of the process and then it throws up an error.

The only way I figure out is by inserting XP Cd, formatting C: and making it my principal hard drive.

Until then I have no problems. But I wonder:

Suppose I install XP on C:, then start the computer to format D:, won't it be aproblem to have XP installed in both Hard drives,

I'll re formulate my question because as I am not an English Native I might've confused some people.

My quesion is: Having installed XP in C: then I want to format D: as it has the corrupted files and XP, but at the time of choosing to format D: I would be having XP installed in both of the hard drives.

How can I do? Is there a way by which before installing xp it formats both of the hd's?Formating and Changing XP from HD?
Typically when doing a reinstall of Windows it will give you an option to format your drive. However, I don't think you can format them both at the same time. You can have XP installed on two different drives with no problems but your computer will only boot the XP files from your main hard drive. Hope that helpsFormating and Changing XP from HD?
You can format C and then D. When you restart your computer, hold F8 and load your BIOS and boot from your CD-Rom drive with the XP disk in it. Perform a clean installation which will completely erase everything on the drive in which you put it on and install XP on it also. That should fix your problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment