Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How do I change Windows XP to my name as owner/user?

My brother gave me his old computer with Windows XP installed. He also gave me the OEM software on CD's. I would like to remove him as owner/operator (?) and replace it with my name. Is this possible, and, if so, what is the best way to do it?How do I change Windows XP to my name as owner/user?
go to control panel

click on user accounts

click change an account

Click his name

Change it to yours.

click change name



The liscences on the programs like office will show him registered as the user. The only way that I know of to remedy this is to



make sure you have the program disc and product key

Uninstall the program control panel%26gt;add/remove programs

re-install the program with your name....How do I change Windows XP to my name as owner/user?
Check this link
To do this, simply go to Control Panel and then User Accounts. Then create a new account. After you do this, and you log into your new account with administrative privileges, then you can delete his old account. You cannot delete the Only account with Administrative privileges.
It certainly is. Just go to



START | SETTINGS | CONTROL PANEL | ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS | COMPUTER MANAGEMENT | LOCAL USERS AND GROUPS. There, you can delete his account or just change yours to an Administor. Or both.
idk haha
Everyone except ';mrresearc...'; have misunderstood your question.



Follow these steps (be careful in the registry .. create a new system restore point first ... just in case)



Use the ';regedit'; program.

Go to :



HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\?NT\CurrentVersion



Modify the strings values of 'RegisteredOwner' and 'RegisteredOrganization' to whatever you like.



(Default) REG_SZ (value not set)

RegisteredOwner REG_SZ ';Your Brother';

RegisteredOrganization REG_SZ ';Your Brother Inc.';



regards,

Philip T

No comments:

Post a Comment