Friday, November 19, 2010

How can I change my computer's Workgroup name in Windows XP Home Edition on my laptop?

I'm trying to network my XP and Vista computers and on Microsoft's Help Center, it says I have to change my XP's Workgroup name to ';WORKGROUP'; instead of the default ';MSHOME';. I tried to do this, but when I go to do it, the box is grayed out where I can't change this? Is there any way to get around this?How can I change my computer's Workgroup name in Windows XP Home Edition on my laptop?
easy go into system propertys and sort from thereHow can I change my computer's Workgroup name in Windows XP Home Edition on my laptop?
Check the ';Workstation'; service.

Report Abuse


Right click on my computer then go to properties, go to the tab ';computer name';. You will see a message saying to rename this computer or join a workgroup, click on change just on the right of the message and put a name in the workgroup.
Windows key + Pause/Break key to open System Properties, then click Computer Name tab, click Change.



Or another way to open it is to right click on my computer and click properties.

No comments:

Post a Comment