Friday, November 19, 2010

How do I change operating systems? Vista to XP?

I have Vista on my laptop and would like to change to XP. Vista came installed on the computer. I already have a copy of XP. How would I go about switching over?How do I change operating systems? Vista to XP?
The first thing you need to do is back up all your files to DVD's or an external hard drive. Then just place the XP disk in the CD drive %26amp; follow the instructions. But you need to know, your computer was built for Vista so you will have to manually hunt down all the drivers for all the hard ware... And some of your hard ware might not work rite with XP as the system OS...



Good Luck!!How do I change operating systems? Vista to XP?
First: Put your Xp cd in.

2. Boot down the computer

3. Reboot the computer, but before you get the windows logo, press and hold F8 (or the key that goes into bios)

4. Find the boot order, and set your CD drive to priority level 1

5. Boot from the cd (this means just returning to the boot screen)

6. Follow the onscreen instructions to set up windows.

7. Your done!
It's very easy, first, format the disk which your vista was installed on, and then install XP on it . Second,install the driver of XP operate system, you could download the driver from the laptop website.
Put the XP cd in, and choose to boot to the cd, It should lead you through it. Choose to format the drive using the NTFS system and choose the partion it highlights. You will also have to have the number key to complete the install, when it gets to that point. Hope this helps.
I did this and lost some functionality on my laptop after this. I cannot hear voices when I play dvd's, and my wireless internet is slower. Just make sure that you are okay with this before you install XP. My Dell laptop came with Windows Vista Home Premium. I then did a clean install of XP over Vista. I can't believe that Dell still advertises Vista with all its computers. However, I've heard that they now let you choose to get XP with it if you want.
seriously you want to go back to xp wow that was the whole point of buying my new pc i was getting sick and tired of the whole mess of xp well good luck when the people up in Redmond decide to pull the plug on xp like they have on win 95 and win 98 and win 98se and win me

No comments:

Post a Comment