Friday, November 19, 2010

How can I change Windows XP Home main language?

I'm not talking about the keyboard language. I've bought a laptop that has Windows XP Home in german and I want to change it to english.How can I change Windows XP Home main language?
If you have the German version of XP on your laptop, you're stuck with German. You will need to format it and install an English version of XP.How can I change Windows XP Home main language?
Can't you just do Start%26gt;%26gt;Control Panel%26gt;%26gt;Regional and Language Options and change it there?
Well, this is another example of how Windows sucks. I personally emailed Microsoft a similar question (only I wanted to do the reverse of what you are asking), and they said that the OS's kernel is written to be in that language. Basically, there's no way to change the system's display language. You can change the input language, for example, change your keyboard layout from a USA keyboard to a German one and vice versa. You can also program MS Office and whatever other Office programs you may have to accept German as the default language for the document. However, based on what Microsoft's Technical Support people told me, the only way to change the system's main language is to buy a new OS. In your case, it would mean dishing out another $100 (or euro, whatever you use) just to get your OS to display in English.

No comments:

Post a Comment