Saturday, November 20, 2010

How to change Windows XP Home to Windows XP Pro?

I want to change my OS from Windows XP home to Windows XP Pro. I installed Windows XP for th first time.

Firstly plz tell me how to check whether it is Windows XP Home or Woindows XP Pro which i have instaled.



If it is Windows XP Home, do I need another cd to install Windows XP Pro or will it be there in the same cd.



If it is same cd how to upgrade.How to change Windows XP Home to Windows XP Pro?
To tell which OS it is - either look at the CD you installed from - or right-click My computer and go to Properties - The 'General'; tab tells you what OS you have.



If it is Home edition - you will need another cd for Pro - they are not togetherHow to change Windows XP Home to Windows XP Pro?
To Find out if you have home or pro, right click my computer and select properties. On the general tab, it will tell you.

Yes, you will need to throw money at the problem, by buying an XP Pro CD. However, if you want a full featured operating system that is more secure and more stable than XP PRO, then you will need to dump Windows and get kubuntu at www.kubuntu.org for free.
FIRST RIGHT CLICK ON MY COMPUTER GO TO PROPS. IT DISPLAYS ALL WHAT U HAVE INSTALLED.



2ND YA U HAV TO GET ANOTHER CDS FOR THAT XP PRO.



3RD NO ITS NOT POSSIBLE. U HAV TO FORMAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment