Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Can I change windows XP to windows vista?.where I have to contact ? At what cost?

Dear Sir, I am willing to have windows Vista for my P.C.I have already installed Windows XP,Now can I upgrade XP to vista.How cost it will be.Can I do it myself,I am not a computer expert at all.Please advice meCan I change windows XP to windows vista?.where I have to contact ? At what cost?
go to Microsoft and download ';Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor';, once downloaded it will scan your computer and tell you if your system is Vista ready, this means that it will check everything that you have installed and let you know which version of Vista you can get, it will also tell you if you need to make any adjustments to your system before installing Vista. You can then go out and purchase a Vista upgrade and install it over XP, it is very straightforward. Some friendly advice, don't upgrade to Vista yet, leave it for maybe 6 months to a year, there are quite a few problems with Vista that are yet to be sorted. good luck.Can I change windows XP to windows vista?.where I have to contact ? At what cost?
I think that it is better to buy Windows Vista Ultimate for Rs.17000 than upgrading from XP
you can buy the upgrade pack at like ,target for 100$





:D
First you need to select which windows Vista version you would like, whether it be Home, Home Premium, Ultimate etc.. then you need to purchase an upgrade edition, ie Microsoft Windows Ultimate Upgrade, Run the CD/DVD and it will guide you throught the rest, check you local computer shop for prices
Buy the disk and stick it in same as xp.
Of course you can do it yourself. Just go out and buy ';Windows Vista Premium Upgrade'; at a computer/office store, put the disk in while running xp and enjoy. If you have any problems trying to install, just call up Microsoft and ask (your entitled to help with upgrade edition) or ask here. It will set you back $160 US.



Oh, and you could also get Home Basic for less, but it isnt very good, or get Ultimate for more, but it is probably over-kill unless your a computer expert.
Yes, you can upgrade it. You will have to buy a copy of the software, though. Walmart has it, along with most other places that sell computer and electronics like Target, Best Buy, etc. There are different ones that you can get. You can get the one that is just the basic Vista stuff or you can pay more and get the really fancy stuff if you do a lot more on your computer then surf the web. I might be wrong about this, but I think that the cheapest one is about $99.00, and the price goes up depending on which one that you get. I'm not sure what all is involved with installing it to your computer, but I'm sure that it is pretty simple. I'm guessing it is installed just like any other program. You will also be able to contact Microsoft if you have any problems or questions! hope this helps a little! :-)
  • horses
  • database
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment