Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Xp theme- is there anyone out there who can understand how to change them?

first things first, I am actually willing to pay someone to do this for me. Something like $20AUD.

Is there's someone out there who can remotely change my xp theme?

I have tried looking for and downloading them, but no matter how many instructionsand tutorials I read, I still don't understand how to use them. I really don't think I amsmart enough to do it, pure and simple, I totally give up.

So I am asking of there's someone who can actually do it FOR me.

I would like xp to look nice and sleek and black. Here's one I like.

http://www.askvg.com/download-sevenvg-blXp theme- is there anyone out there who can understand how to change them?
elo!

Well, your Windows need a modified uxtheme.dll file for the themes to work. You can get it here.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-E



Then download the theme file, unzip it into ';C:\Windows\Resources\Themes'; (It doesn't have to be exactly there, you can unzip and use it from anywhere)

Then start the theme file by click on ';nameoftheme.mssstyles';. Clicl OK and hopefully you should see your theme.

---

That theme you selected is actually a combination of various mods to Windows which include, start menu, icons, images. etc.

For a complete change, I really recommend you try these BricoPacks from CrystalXp.net (my personal fav, Longhorn)

http://www.crystalxp.net/bricopack/



Good luck and cheers. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment