Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How do I delete my Vista to change it too XP?

I have a Gateway laptop and I have downloaded all the hardware that I need from the Gateway site. When I try installing XP, it tells me that it can't read my hard drive and can't proceed, and then when I tried to format my hard drive in Vista, it told me that I can't format it because I need the hard drive to run the computer. How can I delete VISTA?!??! Thanks.How do I delete my Vista to change it too XP?
You need to format your drive with acronis drive cleanser, or other similar bootable disc.

Once you have done this, you will find that xp will install, but remember you will be prompted for a serial number for xp during the install procedure.How do I delete my Vista to change it too XP?
Ubuntu live disk. Use gpartd to wipe whole drive and create NTFS partition.
put the windows installation disk and when the disk partition manager (asks you where to install xp) comes, delete the xp and vista drive and try loading in it. be careful that do not delete your other drives.dont install xp through vista. insert the disk %26amp; restart the computer and when it asks to press any key to boot from cd give enter.
easy, you put your xp disc in the cd-rom, restart the computer and it will take you through the prompts, it will ask you to format the hard drive and reinstall windows xp, just be wary that it will delete anythin you had on your hdd so make sure you back everythin you want to keep up.
First I would do a system restore back to it's default setting,

then you should be able to do it.

ps

what did the laptop come load with?



if it's vista you will not be able to install xp on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment