Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How much performance loss would I get changing from XP to Vista?

I basically only use my computer for gaming, and I really want to switch from XP to Vista, but I don't know how much of a hit my old computer would take dealing with extra resources.



I have:

2GB RAM

ATI Radeon HD4350 512mb

Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUS)



I would like information based on the assumption that I have all extra features on Vista turned offHow much performance loss would I get changing from XP to Vista?
Instead of upgrading to Vista upgrade to the new Windows 7.



Windows 7 has lower hardware requirements than Vista and has

better performance.How much performance loss would I get changing from XP to Vista?
In window vista, you can get very good theme and fast shut down but among windows XP, you can find slow shut down problem. When you are using Vista Then your system will be perform slow because windows vista is heavy windows among Window XP. Now you can make a decision.

Thanks!!!!!!!
why bother with Vista when 7 just came out. If anything, it should run better than vista.
Oh dear GOD, take it from me, if you can upgrade to Windows 7 do so! Vista is the most irritating thing to deal with! XP is much better! I have had three laptops with xp, vista, and now windows 7. go for seven.
Your ram is good but I would go with a quad core processor. What you have might work well. I run games all the time on vista and have no problems what soever. It does support directx 10 but most games don't use that anyway so you are probably OK. I have 2GB of Ram and have no problems but I do have an Nvidea 8800 Gtx with 768Mb of on-board mem.
  • a scottish name
  • Parameter.Add()
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment