Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How do I change from windows xp to windows vista on my laptop?

I have the vista cd,also will I lose my files?How do I change from windows xp to windows vista on my laptop?
You should first make sure your PC can run Windows Vista.



http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows



Once your PC passes the test you want to back up your picture's, Documents and anything else you want. If possible make more that one backup. You can use DVDs or USBs or and other recordable media.



This will show you step by step how to reinstall Windows Vista.



http://www.pcworld.com/article/105866/stHow do I change from windows xp to windows vista on my laptop?
To upgrade to Windows vista, just put the cd into your cd drive and the install program will pop up automatically. You will not lose your files if you upgade and do not clean install.
First, make sure your PC meets the minimum requirements. You need at least 512mb of RAM and at least 1GHZ Processor and 20gb of hard drive space.



You can check all this by clicking start and right click my computer and click properties.



If you meet the requirements, buy a Windows Vista disk and turn on your computer and insert the disk.



Run the disk and just click install. If you want to keep all your stuff, click upgrade when it asks whether you want to upgrade or do a clean install.
All you need is to purchase an ';upgrade'; version. Then install it. you will not lose your data.
First backup your files. Never risk loosing your personal data. You should always backup your info. But if you load the disk while you are still in Windows XP then it will simply upgrade you to Vista. But I stress again you must back up your info. It will not delete anything unless something goes wrong. Just start up windows as usual and once you get to your desktop put in the Vista CD and choose the Upgrade option.

No comments:

Post a Comment