Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How do I change Vista to XP?

My new laptop is Vista but I'm finding it an absolute pain trying to load programs that I have on my XP onto it - some offer an upgrade but others just do not work.

As a result I have decided that life would be easier if I changed the laptop Vista to run XP. Both computers came with OEM and I do have the re-installation discs. What is the easiest and simplest way of making the change?How do I change Vista to XP?
Ask someone in yahoo answers to give you a product key for XP then go to the start menu, right click on Computer, scroll down, and click change product key then type the code and there you go.

How do I change Vista to XP?
the easiest way to go from vista to xp is to reformat. Other ways would include reverting back to your old system if you saved xp that way. However, you will find that this can become complicated. And by the way, you are not the first.
Vistas not that bad but should come with a special program that change the OS to a previous version. You'll have to do a bit of digging I'm pretty sure its in there though.
I believe this is correct but hope someone else can confirm or dispute it. The answer depends on whether you have ';recovery'; disks or full installation disks.



If you only have recovery disks, you cannot install XP on the Vista machine and vice versa. When both XP and Vista are installed on a computer, they coordinate with that computer and cannot be moved to a different machine. To re-install either op system, you must use the recovery disks that came with the machine. So, I don't think you can change your Vista machine to XP using the disks you have on hand.



However, if you have full install disks for either op system, you should be able to install that op system on either machine. You may have a little trouble with Windows Genuine Advantage programs, but they can be bypassed rather easily.



If anyone can add to this (or correct it), please do so. I'm anxious to hear the whole story too.
Install software is almost always proprietary to the manufacturer and model number of the computer it came with. Software for an HP1015 will not work on an HP 1212 for example.



you can't just take the install disks from one computer and load them onto another computer. I believe that you would need to purchase clean install Windows XP software.

No comments:

Post a Comment