Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Can't change XP background without a restart?

Hey there. I have windows xp and have been having some issues lately with changing my background. Whenever I pick a new background and try to apply it, it stays the same one until I restart my computer, but it hasn't done this before. Any one know how I can fix this?

Thanks.Can't change XP background without a restart?
That's weird because you can actually change it without restarting XP, anyway try this, go to Display Properties con Control panel, tab Settings, click on advanced, in general tab check Apply the new display settings without restarting.

That's it.



CheersCan't change XP background without a restart?
Mine in XP was already set to change without restarting. I don't know how long STx has had this same problem but mine started about 2 months ago. I found that after toggling (clicking off and back on) then clicking Apply has not solved this. I still have to reboot to see changed background.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment